Sunday, September 9, 2012

How Does World of Warcraft Relate to Reality?


I often think about society today and actually how similar every day life struggles and successes are to The World of Warcraft. Life revolves around money, power and authority. In many ways we live in a world where you are looking out for yourself and will cut through someone else if it means your success, just like in Warcraft. A large part of playing Warcraft is how much money (or gold) you process. This is obvious that money makes the world turn and how you live your life is always dependent to how large your bank account it.

Almost all of us have goals or missions in life. Some we fail, some we pass and it usually takes multiple tries. In Warcraft very rarely do you accomplish a task on the first try, it takes time and determination. Some people have high expectations while playing the game and spent many hours in front of the computer screen. Others take it easy skipping their way through. In the real world we would call these people "work-a-halics or Sunday drivers"

We all develop or personal lives through time as a result of the decisions we made through history and this is how Warcraft is played. In Warcraft we make decisions and our future will depend on making smart ones or bad ones. How our characters are directly related to the decisions we have made in the past. Sometimes we just want to give up and start over. Unfortunately we see this attitude far to often in reality as people commit suicide or fall into depression.

It's scary to me how I can relate a video game to my life, or anyone's life and the general human population, but it's all true. Anything that happens in life I can look at a part of warcraft and think "its just like playing this game" I don't know if that's good or not but when I sit and think or when I'm playing I have to stop and wonder about the decisions I have made that put me in the position I am today, the decision I am making now and how it will effect my future life. I also think of the world and how decisions people are making in the government will affect the people as a whole.

I need a place to escape and this is how I do it. I see it as reality, yet it is not. I am making the same decisions, but they will not have such serious impact on my life as if I screw up to hurt myself or someone else.




get more gold at http://secretsofwarcraft.com




No comments:

Post a Comment